The Nissan NV2500 Concept presents a preview of Nissan North America, Inc.’s upcoming entry into the growing Commercial Vehicle (CV) market, which launches in 2010 with a lineup that includes vehicles developed specifically for North America.
The NV2500 Concept is designed as a highly capable work vehicle that offers low-impact solutions to high utility needs. It is configured as a “mobile, on-site construction office,” equipped with a computer work station, wireless laser blueprint printer, fold-down conference table, storage compartments, cargo/tool tie-down racks, a near-six foot walk-through interior height and an awning-style side panel that opens to create a standing outside work table.
Other features include a front passenger seat swing arm bracket that allows the seat to be used for both the computer station and the workbench. Along with task-focused lighting throughout the interior, an oversize fixed glass panel roof with integrated solar panels provides light and power for auxiliary tools and accessories.
The NV2500 was developed by Nissan Design America, Inc. (NDA) and is built on a modified Nissan Titan full-size pickup all-steel, fully boxed ladder frame.
Highlights of the Nissan NV2500 Concept include:
- Aggressive styling with wide stance, flared fenders and Nissan signature grille
- LED headlights and taillights
- Retractable outside mirrors
- Fixed lower front door visibility windows
- Front tow hooks with integrated engine compartment access steps
- Multi-use doors, including 180-degree driver’s-side door, 60/40 split “barn door” style vertical rear cargo doors, workshop “awning style” flip-up side panel
- Built-in door storage compartments
- Oversized fixed glass roof with integrated solar panels
- Motorized access steps with lights (driver and passenger side doors, rear cargo doors)
- Wide 20-inch 6-spoke billet aluminum-alloy wheels with Michelin tires
- Three Zones: Driver and Passenger Zone, Work/Design Station Zone, Conference Center/Cargo Bay Zone
Driver and Passenger Zone:
- Wide, comfortable, durable fabric-covered seating
- Customizable navigation/audio system/HVAC display with three adjustable angles
- Wide instrument panel with integrated power outlet and extension cord
- Overhead storage console with visor shelves
- Ceiling-mounted interior cooling fan
- Integrated storage closet behind driver’s seat, with work boot storage and floor drainage system
- Large center console with lockable, invisible storage
- RearView Monitor system
- Integrated storage compartments
Work/Design Station Zone:
- Oversized monitor with laser-projected easy-clean keyboard
- Front seat moves to a position in front of computer station (360-degree rotating seat)
Conference Center/Cargo Bay Zone:
- Front seat swivels to a position in front of workshop table (inside position)
- Ceiling-mounted overhead laser blueprint printer
- 110/220V power outlets
- Integrated in-door tool storage with custom-fit holders for power drills, saws, etc.
- Built-in shop vacuum with air hoses
- Cargo wall above workshop table opens as an awning, table can pivot to outside standing work table
- Multi-position Utili-track cargo tie-down channel system
- Sustainable wood slats for tying down or securing cargo
- Functional task lighting throughout the interior and cargo area
- Powerful, efficient V8 with 5-speed automatic transmission
- Front engine/rear-wheel drive
- Designed by Nissan Design America, Inc., La Jolla, Calif.