The Nissan brand accounted for 6,784 unit sales in August, up eight per cent year-over-year. Infiniti sales totaled 699 units, an increase of 12 per cent over August 2007.
Sales for Nissan in August were led by the continuing popularity of the Sentra, which posted a 110 per cent increase over the same month last year. August also saw the much anticipated arrival of the GT-R with 71 units sold. The Versa continued to lead all Nissan sales with 1,694 units sold last month.
Sales for Infiniti were lead by the G with 392 units sold last month, while the EX35 continued its strong performance with 179 units sold in August.
- Nissan sales were up eight per cent in August over the same period last year
- Sentra sales posted a 110 per cent increase over August 2007
- The GT-R sold 71 units in August
- The Versa sold 1,694 units last month
- Infiniti sales were up 12 per cent year-over-year
- The Infiniti G led sales for the brand with 392 units in August
- Sales of the new EX35 totaled 179 units
- NCI sold 7,483 Nissan and Infiniti vehicles combined last month, an increase of almost nine per cent over same month last year