The Nissan brand accounted for 4,536 units in January, down 4.3 per cent year-over-year. The Infiniti brand accounted for 538 units, selling 20 per cent more units than in January 2007 and marking the best January in its history.
Sales for Infiniti were led by the all-new G37 Coupe with 65 units, a 141 per cent increase year-over-year. The EX35, Infiniti’s newest luxury crossover which debuted in December, sold an impressive 128 units. Sales for Nissan were led by the Versa with 1,174 units sold, as well as the Murano, which saw an increase in sales of 26 per cent year-over-year.
- Versa sales were up 9.4 per cent over January 2007 with 1,174 units
- The new Rogue continued strong with 954 units, its second best month on record
- Murano sales totaled 331 units in January 2008, a 26 per cent increase over the same period last year
- Titan sales rose 16 per cent year-over-year with 123 units sold last month
- Although the highest selling model for Infiniti last month was the G35 Sedan with 187 units, the all-new G37 Coupe had the highest year-over-year increase of 141 per cent
- Sales of the M35/45 were up 60 per cent over January 2007 with 51 units sold
- The all-new EX35 had an impressive start in January 2008 with 128 units
- NCI sold 5,074 Nissan and Infiniti vehicles combined this month
- Truck, SUV and CUV sales for both brands were up 10 per cent year-over year