IRVINE, Calif. – With sales of more than 733,000 units through July, Nissan is having its best year on record in the United States, led by strong growth of core models like Altima, Sentra, Pathfinder, Versa and Rogue.
In an effort to accomplish aggressive growth targets for the region set in the company's global "Power 88" mid-term business plan, Nissan is in the process of introducing all-new versions of its five top-selling models in 15 months. With this effort that began with the all-new Altima in mid-2012 and culminates with the all-new Rogue later this year, Nissan will have redesigned key models that make up nearly 75 percent of the brand's showroom volume.
Fred Diaz, Nissan divisional vice president, Sales and Marketing and Service and Parts said: "2013 is a pivotal year in Nissan's U.S. growth strategy. With redesigned versions of Altima, Sentra, Pathfinder, Versa Note and Rogue in our showroom by year-end, customers are responding to the strongest lineup of vehicles we've ever offered with appealing designs, fuel efficiency and fantastic value."
- Nissan has set monthly records for overall U.S. sales in four of seven months in 2013, with sales up more than 8.5 percent over 2012's record performance.
- Nissan Division has set monthly records in six of the seven months this year, driving sales higher by more than 10 percent over a record 2012.
- The reinvented Pathfinder SUV has set six consecutive monthly sales records, with year-to-date sales up more than 207 percent.
- Altima sales are up more than 7 percent over the same period in 2012, which was a record year for the model.
- Sentra sales have increased more than 18 percent, with additional capacity now rolling off the line at Nissan's assembly plant in Canton, Miss. to meet increased U.S. demand.
- Versa continues to lead the subcompact segment in 2013, with more than 21 percent segment share. The summer debut of the 2014 Versa Note is bringing class-leading fuel economy and roominess to the increasingly competitive subcompact hatchback market.
- Nissan Rogue has also seen record sales in four consecutive months, with sales up more than 13 percent in preparation for launch of the 2014 Rogue, which will be built at Nissan's Smyrna, Tenn. Assembly Plant.
- Also leading yearly gains is the all-electric Nissan LEAF, with sales up more than 230 percent over the prior year. Since launching the Smyrna-built, 2013 LEAF in March, deliveries have increased over 335 percent, with sales spreading to a new wave of U.S. markets.
"We're on pace for a record August for Nissan, and we're confident we will increase our share of the growing market through 2013 and beyond," Diaz said.
Nissan is also poised for growth in other parts of the Americas. Nissan has enjoyed market leadership in Mexico for 50 consecutive months, with sales up 7.5 percent so far in 2013. New plants scheduled to open in Aguascalientes, Mexico and Resende, Brazil in the coming year also promise to drive new sales opportunities for Nissan in the Americas.
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program and has been recognized as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.NissanUSA.com and www.InfinitiUSA.com, or visit the Americas media sites NissanNews.com and InfinitiNews.com.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan's second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 236,000 employees globally, Nissan sold more than 4.9 million vehicles and generated revenue of 9.6 trillion yen (USD 116.16 billion) in fiscal 2012. Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of over 60 models under the Nissan and Infiniti brands. In 2010, Nissan introduced the Nissan LEAF, and continues to lead in zero-emission mobility. The LEAF, the first mass-market, pure-electric vehicle launched globally, is now the best-selling EV in history.
For more information on our products, services and commitment to sustainable mobility, visit our website at http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/.
# # #
Nissan North America