The Nissan NV200 Taxi is New York City's "Taxi of Tomorrow." The product of a unique development collaboration, the NV 200 Taxi reflects the input of hundreds of taxi owners and drivers, and thousands of passengers from all walks of life.
Key features include:
- Ample room for four passengers and their luggage, offering substantial improvements over current taxi models
- Sliding doors with entry step and grab handles, which provide easier entry, and exit and also may lessen risk of pedestrians, cyclists and other motorists getting struck by doors opening unexpectedly
- Transparent roof panel, presenting unique views of the city
- Independently controlled rear air conditioning
- A mobile charging station for passengers, including a 12-volt electrical outlet and two USB ports
- Breathable, antimicrobial, environment-friendly, durable and easy-to-clean seat fabric, simulating the look and feel of leather
- Flat "no hump" passenger floor area for more comfortable ride
- Proven 2.0L 4-cylinder powertrain, engineered to enhance the emission performance and fuel efficiency of the taxi fleet
- Roof-mounted curtain supplemental air bags and driver and front-passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags
Full product information and specs will be available when the 2014 NV200 Compact Cargo enters the New York taxi fleet in October 2013.
# # #