Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today reported March U.S. sales of 136,317 units versus 121,141 units a year earlier, an increase of 12.5 percent, and a record for any month in the company's history. Nissan Division sales also set a new sales record, up 14.8 percent for the month at 126,132 units. Sales of Infiniti vehicles were down 9.8 percent from the prior year, to 10,185 units.
- Nissan Division also posted its best all-time month in March with 126,132 sales, an increase of 14.8 percent over the previous record of 109,854 units set last March.
- Sales of the Nissan Altima hit a new monthly record, finishing at 41,050 units, up 27.1 percent over March 2011. The new record comes on the eve of the introduction of the all-new 2013 Nissan Altima, which will be unveiled tomorrow at the New York International Auto Show.
- Nissan Rogue also set an all-time volume record with March sales of 16,972 units up 19.7 percent over the prior year.
- Nissan Juke sales also set a new all-time record, with 4,165 deliveries marking a 1.9 percent increase over March 2011.
- Sales of the Nissan Versa set a new March record at 15,587 units, up 40.7 percent over the prior year.
"Our record March sales show that Nissan's combination of quality and value continues to put us at the top of more customers' shopping lists," said Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division. "With new versions of five of our highest volume models coming in the next 15 months, including the all-new 2013 Altima, we're going to keep our foot on the accelerator for even better gains in the months to come."
- Infiniti today reported sales of 10,185 units for March, a decrease of 9.8 percent from 11,287 units a year earlier.
- The all-new Infiniti JX 7-passenger luxury crossover went on sale late in March, and had sales of 540 units.
- On Thursday, April 5, at the New York Auto Show, Infiniti will unveil a zero emission concept that will preview the stylish, high-performance, electric luxury car that is set to launch in 2014.
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. March 2012 had 28 selling days, while March 2011 had 27 selling days.
About Nissan Americas
In the Americas, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program and was recognized as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in 2010 and 2011. More information on Nissan in North America, the Nissan LEAF and zero emissions can be found at www.nissanusa.com.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan's second largest Japanese automotive company by volume, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan and is an integral pillar of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 150,000 employees globally, Nissan provided customers with more than 4 million vehicles in 2010. With a strong commitment to developing exciting and innovative products for all, Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of fuel-efficient and low-emissions vehicles under the Nissan and Infiniti brands. A pioneer in zero emission mobility, Nissan made history with the introduction of the Nissan LEAF, the first affordable, mass-market, pure-electric vehicle and winner of numerous international accolades including the prestigious 2011 European Car of the Year award.
For more information on our products, services and commitment to Sustainable Mobility, visit our website at http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/.
# # #
Nissan North America
Tel # 248-488-4227