NEW YORK – Nissan is demonstrating the NV200 taxi's superiority over every other taxi in New York City by launching an interactive marketing campaign titled ‘#HailYes.' The campaign, created by TBWA New York, centers on capturing New Yorkers' opinions on the NV200 taxi's unique features and encouraging them to give a #HailYes to the Nissan taxi. The campaign is intended to generate excitement for Manhattan's newest and best taxi ever by empowering New York's 20 million residents to give a #HailYes to USB charging, anti-fatigue driver's seats, sky views of the city, reduced odors, improved leg room, more cargo space, passenger safety and other conveniences that no other taxi offers.
The #HailYes campaign will reach New Yorkers using a variety of channels to fuel the taxi conversation including TaxiTV – New York City's in-taxi broadcast channel – Nissan's digital channels including Facebook and Twitter, promoted social advertisements, media banner advertisements on notable web outlets and outdoor advertising near select New York City landmarks.
"Nissan's #HailYes campaign will engage the more than 600,000 passengers that New York taxis transport every day, creating a conversation among New Yorkers about the city's need for a better taxi experience," said Jon Brancheau, vice president of marketing for Nissan North America. "But the solution for an improved taxi isn't a pipe dream, it's already here. The Nissan NV200 taxi is the first taxi designed and built expressly for New Yorkers with more custom content for riders and drivers than ever before. We're confident they will agree by showing their support with a #HailYes for the NV200 every time they ride in a taxi."
The #HailYes campaign kicked off during the ING New York City Marathon where #HailYes street teams blanketed the race route handing out #HailYes cheer cards, apparel and other promotional items to spectators.
Beginning in early December, New Yorkers can expect to see #HailYes appear around Manhattan and online. Planned activations include:
Taxi passengers will receive a video message from Nissan urging them to say #HailYes when they ride in New York City cabs. The message will run through the end of the year.
Media banners will run on different properties that New Yorkers trust for news. Each banner will provoke the audience to say #HailYes to the series of improvements that the NV200 taxi brings New Yorkers.
Two #HailYes billboards are now up above the streets of Manhattan including the most prominent Penn Station board – standing above the busiest taxi stand in New York City. The other board is in Times Square.
Facebook and Twitter
Online consumers will be encouraged to say #HailYes to the Nissan NV200 taxi through promoted Facebook and Twitter posts geotargeted for New York City. Nissan's Facebook and Twitter pages will also carry the #HailYes banner.
About Nissan NV200 Taxi
Drawing on insight from New York taxi drivers, medallion holders, fleets and passengers, the Nissan NV200 taxi features more content tailored specifically to the unique needs of metropolitan cab service than ever before. One of the Nissan NV200 taxi's most dazzling design elements is the transparent roof that gives riders stunning views of city sights and skyscrapers. Other new features include:
- Ample room for four passengers and their luggage, offering substantial improvements over current and recently-unveiled taxi models
- Sliding doors with entry step and grab handles, providing easy entry and exit
- Opening side windows
- Independently-controlled, rear air conditioning
- Active carbon-lined headliner to help neutralize interior odors
- Overhead reading lights for passengers and floor lighting to help locate belongings
- Mobile charging ports for passengers, including a 12-volt electrical outlet and two USB ports
- Breathable, antimicrobial, environment-friendly, durable and easy-to-clean seat fabric, simulating the look and feel of leather
- Flat "no hump" passenger floor area for more comfortable ride
- Rollover curtain airbags for all occupants – the NV200 taxi is the first New York taxi to be crash-tested with taxi equipment installed, including the partition
Other notable NV200 taxi features focus on driver comfort, customer satisfaction and the environment:
- A low-annoyance horn with exterior lights that indicate when the vehicle is honking, so the horn is used less frequently
- Hearing Loop System for the hearing impaired
- Driver and passenger intercom system
- Proven 2.0L 4-cylinder powertrain, engineered to enhance the emission performance and fuel efficiency of the taxi fleet
- 150,000 mile powertrain warranty
- A 6-way adjustable driver's seat featuring both recline and lumbar adjustments, even with a partition installed
- Unique driver's seat material and stitching to promote improved airflow
- USB auxiliary audio input and charge port for driver
- Standard navigation system with integrated rearview backup monitor
- All necessary wiring and installation provisions
The NV200 taxi is now on sale at select Nissan dealerships in the greater New York City area. Total manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) of the vehicle is approximately $29,700.
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program and has been recognized as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.NissanUSA.com and www.InfinitiUSA.com, or visit the Americas media sites NissanNews.com and InfinitiNews.com.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan's second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 236,000 employees globally, Nissan sold more than 4.9 million vehicles and generated revenue of 9.6 trillion yen (USD 116.16 billion) in fiscal 2012. Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of over 60 models under the Nissan and Infiniti brands. In 2010, Nissan introduced the Nissan LEAF, and continues to lead in zero-emission mobility. The LEAF, the first mass-market, pure-electric vehicle launched globally, is now the best-selling EV in history.
For more information on our products, services and commitment to sustainable mobility, visit our website at http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/.
# # #
Director, Corporate Communications