- Full range of TITAN® XD Genuine Nissan Accessories designed with outdoorsmen in mind on display at world's largest shooting, hunting and outdoor trade show
- The SHOT Show, which stands for Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show, runs January 19 – 22 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center, Las Vegas
- Pair of fully dressed-out "Every Duty" TITAN XD Crew Cabs, powered by Cummins® 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel engines, demonstrates innovative accessory designs
- TITAN XD accessories now available at Nissan dealers nationwide
LAS VEGAS – One year ago, Nissan made a big impression at the annual SHOT Show with a showing of the 2016 Nissan TITAN XD fresh off its world debut at the North American International Auto Show. This year, Nissan returns once again as a SHOT Show sponsor and with a pair of TITAN XDs showcasing a multitude of Genuine Nissan Accessories designed exclusively for the company's all-new full-size pickup. Many of the accessories, such as a pop-up tent that fits inside the TITAN XD bed, are specifically directed toward outdoor adventure use.
"With 1,600 exhibitors filling 630,000 square feet of exhibit space, it's a challenge to stand out. Fortunately, we have a couple of TITAN XD pickups on hand, which always draw a crowd wherever they go," said Fred Diaz, division vice president and general manager, North America Trucks and Light Commercial Vehicles, Nissan North America, Inc. "The all-new TITAN XD is the perfect canvas for customization and the SHOT Show is a great venue to spotlight our complete line of custom-fit, custom-designed and durability tested accessories."
Among the innovative Nissan accessories now available for the 2016 TITAN XD, many of which are designed to work with the unique and versatile Utili-track® bed channels and cleat system, are:
- TITAN Boxes – Removable, lockable storage compartments that can be accessed even with a camper or tonneau installed (also watertight and drainable)
- Sliding Tool Box – Easily positioned forward when driving or hauling cargo, slides backward for easy access on the job
- Bed Tent – Perfect for easy campsite set-up
- Sliding Bed Divider – adds cargo carrying versatility
- Lockable Rear-Seat Cargo Organizer with Fold-out Flat Floor – Provides secure, out-of-sight storage
- Weight-distributing Hitch Ball Mount and Hitch Ball (Class IV)
- Chrome Step Rails, Running Boards and Running Board Lighting – Adds a level of style and strength
- Water-resistant Seat Covers – Ideal for active families
- Splash Guards and Tailgate Guard – Helps keep things clean
- Fog Lights – Added illumination when the streets and street lights end
All Genuine Nissan Accessories are backed by Nissan's 3-year/36,000-mile (whichever comes first) limited warranty* (if installed by dealer at the time of purchase).
"Along with the assurance that every accessory is custom designed and fit especially for the new TITAN XD, buyers have the added confidence of our comprehensive warranty – and the convenience of financing them with the purchase of the vehicle," added Diaz.
The 2016 Nissan TITAN XD was recently selected by the editors of Cars.com and PickupTrucks.com as the "Best Pickup Truck of 2016." It was also named "Truck of Texas" by the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) in their annual Texas Truck Rodeo. In addition to the competition's top award, the TITAN XD won three other honors – Luxury Pickup Truck of Texas, Off-Road Pickup Truck of Texas and Best Powertrain for its standard Cummins® 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel engine.
The 2016 Nissan TITAN XD combines many of the capabilities of a heavy-duty hauler with the drivability and affordability of a light-duty pickup. It is anchored by a powerful 310-horsepower Cummins 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel and mated to a heavy-duty 6-speed Aisin automatic transmission, and has a maximum towing capacity rating of more than 12,300 pounds when properly equipped.
The TITAN XD is the flagship of a complete family of Nissan TITAN full-size pickups and is offered in five grade levels: S, SV, SL, PRO-4X and Platinum Reserve. It will be followed by a TITAN lineup offering three cab configurations, two frame sizes, three powertrain offerings and five grade levels. The additional TITAN models will begin rolling out this spring, eventually offering models that will compete in more than 85 percent of light truck segments.
The TITAN XD's innovative technologies include an Integrated Trailer Brake Controller, Trailer Sway Control (TSC), Tow/Haul Mode with Downhill Speed Control and a Trailer Light Check system that allows one-person hook-up operation – including checking turn signals, brake lights and running/clearance lights. Assisting trailer hook-ups is a RearView Monitor with Trailer Guides. TITAN XD also offers an available Around View® Monitor (AVM), which provides a simulated "bird's eye" view of the surrounding area to help with parking and pulling in and out of tight spaces. The system includes Moving Object Detection (MOD). Two trailer hitches are available, including an integrated gooseneck hitch engineered into the frame and easily accessible in the bed.
The 2016 TITAN XD with Cummins Turbo Diesel is on sale now at Nissan dealers nationwide with a starting MSRP** of $40,290.
For more information on the 2016 Nissan TITAN XD, including photography, please visit NissanNews.com.
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program and has been recognized annually by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year since 2010. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.NissanUSA.com and www.InfinitiUSA.com, or visit the U.S. media sites NissanNews.com and InfinitiNews.com.
About Nissan Motor Co.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan's second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 247,500 employees globally, Nissan sold 5.32 million vehicles and generated revenue of 11.38 trillion yen (USD 103.6 billion) in fiscal year 2014. Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of more than 60 models under the Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands. Nissan leads the world in zero-emission mobility, dominated by sales of the LEAF, the first mass-market, pure-electric vehicle. It is the best-selling EV in history with almost 50% share of the zero-emission vehicle segment. For more information on our products, services and commitment to sustainable mobility, visit our website at http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/.
# # #
Product Communications, Nissan North America
Nissan Truck, SUV & Crossover Communications
Manager, Southeast and South Central Region Communications
* Genuine Nissan Accessories are covered by Nissan's Limited Warranty on Genuine Nissan Replacement Parts, Genuine NISMO® S-Tune Parts, and Genuine Nissan Accessories for the longer of 12 months/12,000 miles (whichever occurs first) or the remaining period under the 3-year/36,000-mile (whichever occurs first) Nissan New Vehicle Limited Warranty (depending on whether accessory installed at the dealer at time of purchase). Terms and conditions apply. See Warranty Information Booklet for details.
** MSRP excludes applicable tax, title, license fees and destination charges. Dealer sets actual price. Prices and specs are subject to change without notice. Destination and handling $1,195.