YOKOHAMA, Japan – Nissan will display several vehicle safety and performance technologies that are enhancing its reputation for being at the forefront of innovative vehicle technology development at the 2014 Automotive Engineering Exposition in Japan.
Nissan's Smart Rearview Mirror will be shown in public for the first time in Japan at this year's exposition. It will be offered as a dealer option on the company's Elgrand and X-Trail models that go on sale in Japan starting in June. The smart rearview mirror technology will also be demonstrated using a vehicle in the Nissan booth.
There will be several advanced technologies displayed at the booth, including the All-Around Driving Support System concept, which showcases how vehicle technologies can help prevent frontal, side and blind spot collisions, or collisions when the vehicle is backing up. Mirror Bore Coating, a friction reducing element for engines, will also be displayed.
In the special exhibition corner organized by the Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Nissan will show its autonomous drive vehicle that is based on the Nissan LEAF. The autonomous drive vehicle will also demonstrate its capability to sense surrounding obstacles. Further, attendees will be able to test drive the NISSAN New Mobility CONCEPT, an ultra-compact EV that shows the potential of new forms of mobility in a sustainable zero-emission society.
The 2014 Automotive Engineering Exposition, hosted by the Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, will be held at the Pacifico Yokohama Exhibition Hall from May 21- 23, 2014.
Overview of Nissan's exhibits:
1. The Nissan booth at the exhibition will feature
- Advanced technology that contributes to Skyline's responsive driving, such as:
- Direct Adaptive Steering: a world-first steering technology
- One of the world's fastest hybrid systems for front-engine rear-wheel-drive (FR) vehicles
- All-Around Driving Support System Concept: safety technology which helps prevent frontal, side and blind spot collisions, or collisions when a vehicle is backing up.
- Engine technology that reduces drag inside an engine to achieve both high performance and impressive fuel economy
- Mirror Bore Coating, an engine-bore friction reduction technology
- This coating technology raises energy efficiency by reducing friction in the engine bore, one element to enable engines to be downsized from 3.5 liters to 2.5 liters yet achieve the same performance levels
- Technology to support better visibility and contribute to enhanced safety and convenience
- Smart Rearview Mirror: shows a rearward view provided by high-resolution cameras. (To be exhibited in Japan for the first time)
- Parking support technology based on the Around View Monitor system
2. Exhibition at the special exhibition corner:
The corner's theme is "Advanced vehicle technology that enriches people and society / Experience the mobility and car robotics leading to 2020"
- Exhibition of the autonomous drive vehicle based on the Nissan LEAF and demonstration of its sensing technologies
- Test drives of the Nissan LEAF
- Test drives of the two-seat ultra-compact electric vehicle, NISSAN New Mobility CONCEPT
Overview of the 2014 Automotive Engineering Exposition
Dates: Wed., May 21 – Fri., May 23, 2014
Place: Pacifico Yokohama Exhibition Hall
Host: Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan (President: Mitsuhiko Yamashita)
Admission fee: Free
Official website: http://expo.jsae.or.jp/
# # #